Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finding out who belongs to who!

On Sundays we go to two services. One of them is in the village of Kalapani. There are usually quite a number of people there. It is interesting that often you can't figure out who are husband and wife and which children belong to which parents. At Kalapani at the Bread of Life Institute and the Bread of Life Academy there are quite a number of workers with families. Most of them come to church. This past Sunday I decided to figure this out. I started with a lady I knew who spoke some English and enlisted her help. They were quite shy but were kind and humored me as I managed to get the couples to kind of stand together so I could remember them. They actually thought it was kind of funny and smiled shyly. I didn't quite get all the children sorted out but that will come when I go next week and try to learn the names. There are some very cute little children and at least one baby about 9 months. There is also a new baby arriving in a couple months. I am excited about the possibility of showering this new one with all kinds of gifts! Won't that be fun?

No comments: